Re: [css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-mixed-001 , text-orientation-010 , text-orientation-014 tests

Le 2015-12-12 02:40, Gérard Talbot a écrit :
> Le 2015-12-07 10:26, Koji Ishii a écrit :
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-mixed-001.xht
>>>
>>> The reference image must be redone so that it uses a "T" (65332) and
>>> not a
>>> "T" (84).
>>> More info:
>>>
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/T-in-text-orientation-mixed-001-test.html
>>

>> I think it's intentional and correct, though I agree that it's not
>> easy to
>> understand. "T" is in FULL WIDTH T to set in upright. If you change it
>> ASCII T, it must set in sideways, and the test is no longer testing
>> "mixed"
>> value.
>>

> Kazuaki Takemura,
>
> I have updated your
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-mixed-001.xht
>
> test a bit:
>
> http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/208a599088f4
>
> I wanted to approve your text-orientation-mixed-001 but "if both "Text
> sample" rectangles are identical" can lead testers to believe that
> everything must be pixel-perfectly-identical. I think we need to
> rephrase the pass-fail-conditions sentence to just say something like:
>
> Test passes if both "Text sample" rectangles have only their "T"
> displayed vertically and their "ext Sample" displayed sideways (90
> degrees clockwise).

Another thing I just realized now is that the webfont DejaVu Serif can
not handle, can not render the &#65332; character because outside of its
range. So browsers (Firefox 45, Chrome 49) resort to another font to
render such character. We may need to replace the DejaVu Serif webfont
with "mplus-1p-regular" webfont in that test too.

Gérard

--
Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines