Re: [css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-mixed-001 , text-orientation-010 , text-orientation-014 tests

Le 2015-12-07 10:26, Koji Ishii a écrit :

>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-014.xht
>>
>> The second (bottom) part of the test is wrong, incorrect. The initial,
>> default value of 'text-combine-upright' is 'none'; the initial,
>> default
>> value of 'text-orientation' is 'mixed'. So, 'sideways' text and
>> 'mixed'
>> text are compared.
>>

> This test is not good, but does not look wrong to me.
>
> /koji

Koji,

I am ready to remove the second (bottom) part of the
text-orientation-014 test... but the thing is: later[1] you wrote (on
that same second-bottom part of the text-orientation-014 test): "Slight
differences in baseline position can be possible" . Please elaborate on
that: maybe I misunderstand what you are trying to say...

What I am interested in is: under which conditions (code scenarios) can
there be differences in baseline position between 'text-orientation:
mixed' and 'text-orientation: sideways' (assuming here that we use Ahem
font in such code scenarios or identical font in such code scenarios)?
My query is fundamentally oriented toward making tests that would cover
such conditions.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2015Dec/0010.html

Test Format Guidelines