Re: [css-writing-modes-3] text-orientation-mixed-001 , text-orientation-010 , text-orientation-014 tests

Le 2015-12-07 20:17, Koji Ishii a écrit :

>> Le 2015-12-07 10:26, Koji Ishii a écrit :
>>
>> [snipped]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-014.xht

>>> This test is not good, but does not look wrong to me.
>>>

>> With Firefox 45.0a1 nightly, try
>>

>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/text-orientation-mixed-vs-sideways-002.xht
>>
>> where a) and b) correspond to the code involved in
>> text-orientation-014.xht . Right now, I am not sure how should a
>> sideways-ed latin text be rendered inside a line box whose dominant
>> baseline is central.
>>

> Gecko looks incorrect to me. text-orientation should not change the
> line
> height. Slight differences in baseline position can be possible,

If slight differences in baseline position can be possible, then I think
we need to figure out these conditions (under which code scenarios) and
then do accordingly tests on such code scenarios.

> but not
> line height.

In 'writing-mode: horizontal-tb' contexts, line box height can grow, can
become taller, can increase if one (or many) inline box(es) are moved by
vertical-align declaration(s) and/or if an inline box has a tall
line-height value. So, why this logic is not applied or can not be
applied to inline boxes moved off by a dominant baseline? This is why I
thought line box height should increase. This is difficult to formulate
here..

> text-orientation-014.xht also has another issue: the font used is not
>> specified. So, the default system font on the tester's os is
>> involved...
>> while I might have another and different default system font for my
>> os.
>>

> True, from that perspective, it's not really a good test. But the test
> method being not good and incorrect test are two different things.
>
> In this test
>>

>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/text-orientation-014-mplus-1p-GT.xht
>>
>> we "fix" (force) the font used. Chrome 49 Canary and Firefox 45
>> differ...
>> and I think (albeit not sure) Firefox is closer to the correct
>> rendering.
>>

> As mentioned above, varying line height isn't expected.
>
> Koji, I've sent you another email on
>> text-orientation-mixed-vs-sideways-002.xht
>>

> Sounds like I missed...will check.

The subject line of that email (sent Sunday December 6th) was: "Latin
text with 'text-orientation: sideways' inside a line box whose dominant
baseline is central"

> BTW, do you have a github account?

No I do not have a github account.

Gérard