Re: [CSS21][CSS22] Seeking review of position:fixed edge case test

Le 2015-08-17 19:10, Linss, Peter a écrit :
> On Aug 17, 2015, at 1:49 PM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Le 2015-08-17 15:08, Chris Rebert a écrit :

[snipped]

>>> Fixed.
>>> Sorry, I had gotten confused since web-platform-tests uses the exact
>>> opposite convention.
>>> For the record, http://testthewebforward.org/docs/css-metadata.html
>>> does not explicitly mention this rule, although its example does use
>>> non-draft links.
>>
>> Then, in my opinion, it should state such guideline and then be
>> updated accordingly.
>>
>> Such guideline is not mentioned in the documentation. As a test
>> author, you want to provide a link to the most stable version of a
>> spec so that your test remains as much reliable and complete as
>> possible. Once a spec becomes Proposed Recommendation or Technical
>> Recommendation, then *I think (speculation)* working drafts no longer
>> exist and links are not redirected.
>>
>> "
>> This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by
>> other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this document
>> as other than work in progress.
>> "
>> https://drafts.csswg.org/css2/#status
>>

> This is actually not a requirement. While it's best for test to link
> to the most stable version of a spec, linking to a draft is fine, and
> sometimes necessary if the tested features are not published on /TR
> yet. Our tools deal with draft links just fine.

Peter, there is no css22 directory right now in
http://test.csswg.org/source/

If the test links to a section of css22, then where will that test be
inside
http://test.csswg.org/source/
? Just asking here

> It is possible however for anchors to change in drafts, and if that
> happens the tests will beed to be updated, but as drafts mature we do
> try to avoid it.

In my opinion, this is not likely. People will just use a link to a spec
(working draft, editor draft, CR, whatever here) and forget about that
test once submitted.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates