Re: [css-ui] Box sizing TCs from Mozilla reviewed

> On 28 Apr 2015, at 19:37, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
> Le 2015-04-28 07:35, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
>> Hi Scott, Fantasai and David,
>> (Sending to you because you are marked in shepherd either as author or
>> owner of the TCs)
>> Since the box-sizing section of css3-ui has now stabilized, I've
>> reviewed the test cases that Mozilla has contributed to the w3c for
>> box-sizing. Sorry about the long delay between submission and review.
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css-ui-3/owner/dbaron
>> While they are all correct, they also all need improvements. Most of
>> the TC are not minimized and use quite a bit more markup and style
>> than needed for what they are testing.
>
> I fully agree with you.
>
> A few more comments if I may add here...
>
> 1- the test fails markup validation

Didn't notice that. While we're at it, it could be nice not update to HTML5 syntax
(although that's a matter of taste to some extend).

> 2- id="one" and id="two" do not help understanding the test; best is to declare identifiers that are
> - descriptive with regards to the working logic of the testcase,
> - descriptive of the design logic of the testcase or
> - descriptive of the respective position in the containment hierarchy or
> - descriptive of the respective position in the positioning hierarchy.
>
> Identifiers should describe the role of an element inside the building
> logic of a testcase.
>
> eg.
> (good) id="abs-pos-parent"
> (good) id="wrapper"
> (good) id="rel-pos-grand-parent"
> (good) id="containing-block"
> (good) id="red-overlapped"
> (good) id="green-overlapping"
> (good) id="reference"
> (good) id="control"
> (good) id="following-sibling"

I think "container" as a class or id on the parent of the
#one and #two divs is enough, and there probably no need to name
two divs at all.

> 3-
>
> You wrote:
> "3) no need for black borders anywhere"
>
> but since this is testing border-box, there will be a need to have borders somewhere at some point.. You can not realistically test border-box implementation without having borders somewhere... unless your comment refers to the color of borders..
>
> [Addendum: This is what you did too in http://jsbin.com/nireqa/1/watch?html,output ; so that's okay.]

Right, I meant that they don't need to be visually distinct,
not that they don't need to be here. But on top of that, the border
on the container is entirely unnecessary.

 - Florian