Re: Directory structure of test suites?

Le 2015-04-27 21:37, Koji Ishii a écrit :
> Thanks Gérard for the reply. Comments inline:
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:45 AM, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Le 2015-04-27 02:50, Koji Ishii a écrit :
>>
>>> I'm trying to load a web font in my test from /fonts[1]
>>>

>> Koji,
>>
>> I will assume you want to load
>>
>> CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
>>
>> from
>>
>> [src]
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/fonts/adobe-fonts/
>

> Yes, but:
>

>> into one of your test, say,
>>
>> [src]
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-script-r-001.html
>

> When running from testharness, the URL becomes:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/text-orientation-script-tr-001.htm

Yes, but that's related to the building of the test suite. You should be
working with the /source/ files only and let the system make proper
linkages.

Your test is:

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-script-u-001.html

and the font file is:

http://test.csswg.org/source/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSFWOrientationTest.otf

so you need to go up 1 level.

> and all following URLs return 404:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
>
> So:
>
> in my tests,
>>
>>> but either "../fonts/..." or "/fonts/..." failed in 404 in test
>>> harness.
>>>
>>> What are the proper way to refer files in the root directory of the
>>> test
>>> repository? Or is it a bad idea to do so?
>>>

>> It is okay to link directly a font from /fonts/ into a test
>>
>>  Should I have copies of fonts in
>>> support sub directory of each test suite?
>>>

>> If I recall correctly, that is something you could do too as long as
>> you
>> "hg-copy" that font file so that the system knows, is aware that you
>> are
>> reusing the same file copied elsewhere: we do not want to create
>> duplicate
>> copies of the same file font, so again hg-copy is the way to do this.
>> Peter
>> Linss may want to confirm my opinion here.
>>

>>> [1] http://hg.csswg.org/test/file/tip/fonts/adobe-fonts
>>>
>>> /koji
>>>

>> [Shepherd]
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/text-orientation-script-r-001/
>>
>> I would do:
>>
>> line 11: @font-face {
>> line 12: font-family: "orientation";
>> line 13: src: url("../../fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf");
>> }
>>

> This does not work. From your information where the /fonts lives:
>
> /source/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf

Hmm... my mistake!! I'm sorry.

Try this instead:

line 13: src: url("../fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf");

This should work. You need to go one level higher (to reach "/source/")
and not 2.

Gérard

--
Test Format Guidelines