Re: Deep linking to a reftest in another spec folder

On 27/11/14 03:12, Gérard Talbot wrote:
> Le 2014-11-26 21:07, Peter Linss a écrit :
>> that should be fine. So long as the link to the reference is a
>> relative path within the repository
>
> It is; it's
>
> href="../css-multicol-1/multicol-count-002-ref.xht"
>
>> the build system should just deal
>> with it. You might want to wait for tonight's build to be sure it's
>> working before pushing a whole bunch of changes

I thought this was not right after reading Rebecca's mail [1]:
"At some point it'd be nice to come up with a strategy
for sharing these common files across test suites, but right now it's
better to keep all a test suites dependencies in within its spec dir."

That's why I'd duplicated "ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht" inside
"css-grid-1" instead of using a relative path like Gerárd is doing here.

If we're going to use relative paths, we could probably get rid of all
the duplicate files. For example, we have 11 instances of
"ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht" in different spec folders.

So I'm wondering what's the right approach. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  Rego

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2014Oct/0010.html