Re: 54 new tests submitted in section 3.1

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 00:00:32 -0800
To: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
On 12/29/2014 07:43 PM, Gérard Talbot wrote:

>>> Anyway, I will add the float value in the title, as you suggested.
>>
>> The title should be as concise as possible, but it also needs to be
>> sufficiently descriptive to uniquely identify the test. So, as short
>> as possible -- but no shorter!
>>
>> Also, title should just say "CSS Test:", not "CSS Writing Modes Test:".
>
> Having "Writing Modes" written like in "CSS Writing Modes Test: (...)" is descriptive and contributes to make the test unique:
> then, eg., I do not have to edit 'writing-mode' in the rest of the title, just 'vertical-rl' or 'vertical-lr'.
>
>> We decided not to include the module name to keep it shorter.
>
> This is news to me. I can read
> <title>${1:Test area}: ${2:Scope of test}</title>
> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-templates.html#reftest-including-metadata
> ...which is a bit criptic to me.

I'm not sure where this came from. When I wrote the build scripts, IIRC
were designed to parse the title looking for 'CSS Test:' and replace it
with the name of the built test suite.

Having the module name in the title isn't great; it takes up space that
could say something more specific and useful to identifying what's in
the test. If you are testing 'writing-mode', then that can go in the title.
But if you are testing 'unicode-bidi' from the "Writing Modes" module, then
*that* should go in the title.