Re: border-top-right-radius-003

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:35:08 -0400
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: public-css-testsuite@w3.org

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-backgrounds-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html4/border-top-right-radius-003.htm

>  There should be a box with a rounded top right corner.
>
>     PASS if only top left corner is rounded.
>     FAIL if the output is not as expected.
>
>  (The actual test shows a rounded to right corner, on Firefox 32)
>
>  Should the PASS criterion say right instead of left?

Yes, the PASS criterion should say right instead of left.

Also,

A) the test could be trimmed: lines 6, 7, 14, 18, 23, 25, 26 and 27 can
be safely removed from the test.

line 6        <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">
line 7        <meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type"
content="text/javascript">

line 14  /*  */
         	div
           {
         		border:2px solid #a1a1a1;
line 18        		background:#dddddd;
         		width:200px;
         		height: 100px;
         		border-top-right-radius: 40px 20px;
         	}
line 23         /*  */
line 25 <!--
line 26        <script type="text/javascript"
src="js/css3_test_helper.js"></script>
line 27 -->

B) On line 17: border color could use the black color instead of a1a1a1
color.

C) A more straightforward pass-fail conditions sentence could replace
the current text. Quick proposal:

Test passes if the top-right corner of a rectangle is rounded.

The FAIL criterion sentence
"FAIL if the output is not as expected."
is general, unneeded, not relevant.

D) If I use a browser that does not support at all border-radius, then
the test will PASS when automated checking is done since the reference
file acting as reftest uses

border-top-right-radius: 20%;

E) The all above comments also apply to

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-backgrounds-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html4/border-top-right-radius-004.htm