Re: Mismatch between CSS and web-platform-tests semantics for reftests

From: Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:02:55 -0700
To: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Cc: "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>, public-css-testsuite@w3.org
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm mis-parsing your explanation or you're
> misunderstanding the way our references work.
>
> To be clear, a test can have multiple reference <links>, if so the test
> must match one of the references.
>
> A reference can <link> to additional references, in this case, the test
> must match _all_ references in the chain.

Hi Peter,

Can you explain why the latter case (match all) is needed?

The way I'm looking at it, if you think of the reference as the "correct"
version, I don't see why you need more than one of them, and if you have
more than one, it seems like you're really testing the references, not the
test?

I'm probably missing something?

-- Dirk