Re: Proposal to refactor the CSS test repo

On Apr 24, 2014, at 4:10 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>> [stuff about test repo reorg and symlinks]
>
> Let's *not* do symlinks. Just put the test in the most specific directory
> and leave it at that. That's the policy we currently have. If you're
> searching for all tests linked against a particular spec, you'll just have
> to use Shepherd or the build tools.

Works for me, if someone really needs the tests to be in each spec directory for a test harness, we can make a quick script to make those copies based on the spec links. But for CSS tests people should really be running the output of the build anyway.

> If Peter thinks we don't need cvs-import or build-test, then we probably
> don't need it.

We definitely don’t need and of the scripts in those directories, they’re not being used anymore. If someone ever needs to refer to them, we have mercurial history.

I’m a bit more concerned about some of the test files in those directories, from a quick look they appear to be old tests that were in a state of being converted into the current format. I don’t know if that’s been done and those are the old versions, or if there still are some tests there that should be converted that have been left behind...