Re: [css3-writing-modes] Requests for reviewing writing-modes inilne-level alignment tests.

Le Dim 3 mars 2013 1:49, 塩澤 å…ƒ (Shiozawa, Hajime) a écrit :
> Hello,
> I have submitted new tests and updated existing tests.
> All test which I submitted are shown below URL.
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-writing-modes/owner/hshiozawa/load/t35/#t16
There are seven test cases.
> 1. plain text (text-baseline-001~003.xht)
> 2. text includes different font size (text-baseline-004~006.xht) 3.
inline block containing two blocks
> (inline-block-alignment-001~003.xht)
> 4. empty inilne block (inline-block-alignment-004~006.xht)
> 5. vertical-align: baseline (vertical-alignment-001~003.xht)
> 6. vertical-align: sub (vertical-alignment-004~006.xht)
> 7. vertical-align: sup (vertical-alignment-007~009.xht)
> And each testcase contains five test files.
> A. horizontal layout with alphabetical baseline (no suffix)
>     - (horizontal-tb) x (mixed, upright, sideways-right,
> sideways-left, sideways, use-glyph-orientation)
> B. vertical layout with alphabetical baseline
>     a. sideways-left orientation ('sidewaysleft' suffix)
>         - (vertical-lr) x (sideways-left, sideways) and (vertical-rl)
> x (sideways-left)
>     b. sideways-right orientation ('sidewaysright' suffix)
>         - (vertical-rl) x (sideways-right, sideways) and (vertical-lr)
> x (sideways-right)
> C. vertical layout with central baseline
>     a. vertical-lr layout ('lr' suffix)
>         - (vertical-lr) x (mixed, upright, use-glyph-orientation)
>     b. vertical-rl layout ('rl' suffix)
>         - (vertical-rl) x (mixed, upright, use-glyph-orientation)
> Could you please review and give feedbacks about these tests?
> Regards,
> Hajime.
> 2013/2/24 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime) <hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com>:
>> Dear Ishii-san and fantasai,
>> Hello, I am Hajime Shiozawa. Now I'm working with writing-modes test.
I have already submitted some tests about inline level alignment to
test suite repository.
>> Could you please review and give feedbacks about testcase below?
testcase 1: plain text
>>   http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/b3b930cb7076
>> testcase 2: text different font size
>>   http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/706911f9d3fb
>> testcase 3: inline block containing two blocks
>>   http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/d5f2bbe7667e
>> testcase 4: empty inilne block
>>   http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/ccdfb1eb56a7
>> Each testcase contains five test files.
>>   1. 'horizontal-tb' with alphabetical baseline (text-orientation:
>> mixed, upright, sideways-right, sideways-left, sideways,
>> use-glyph-orientation).
>>   2. 'vertical-lr' with alphabetical baseline (text-orientation:
>> sideways-right, sideways-left, sideways, use-glyph-orientation).
>>   3. 'vertical-rl' with alphabetical baseline (text-orientation:
>> sideways-right, sideways-left, sideways, use-glyph-orientation).
>>   4. 'vertical-lr' with central baseline (text-orientation: mixed,
>> upright).
>>   5. 'vertical-rl' with central baseline (text-orientation: mixed,
>> upright).
>> Also I will submit a new testcase of baseline alignment with
>> 'vertical-align' property soon.
>> Regards,
>> Hajime.
>> --
>> # 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime)
>> # mail: hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com
> --
> # 塩澤 元 (Shiozawa, Hajime)
> # mail: hajime.shiozawa@gmail.com

Hajime,

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-004.xht

1.
"Test passes if the bottom of glyph 'L' and the bottom of yellow square
is touching a thin blue line (...)"

The yellow area is not a square but a rectangle.

Suggestion for replacement:

line 49 .descendant-block {
           display: block;
           height: 1em;
           background-color: yellow;
           padding-left: 1em;
line 54    padding-right: 1em;
}

2.
line 11      div > p {
line 12        padding: 0.2em;
line 13        font-size: 2em;

The test suites require that font-size is set to medium (1em) which is
by default 16px in all browsers. So, font-size is 32px and padding is
6.4px . Now, we always want to avoid fractional pixel, fractions of a
pixel in all tests. Because browsers are inconsistent in the way they
handle fractions of a pixel and the spec is lenient, tolerant on this.

Distance Units: the ‘<length>’ type :
"In cases where the used length cannot be supported, user agents must
approximate it in the actual value."
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#lengths

So, 6.4px may be approximated to 6px or to 7px by user agents without
sub-pixel positioning.

A question is: does your test requires that div > p have a small
padding? If you believe so, then I suggestion to use
padding: 0.25em; (equivalent to 4px, a whole number). Otherwise, just
remove the padding.

You have that same padding: 0.2em declaration (6.4px) in other tests too:
eg in
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-001.xht
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-002-sidewaysleft.xht
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-002-sidewaysright.xht
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-005-sidewaysleft.xht
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-005-sidewaysright.xht

------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-003-lr.xht

1.
is touching a thin blue line

Suggestion:
stripe is touching a thin blue line

2.
line 50       .top {
        color: gold;
line 52      }
line 60 <span class="descendant-block top">BOTT</span>

If I understand your test correctly - and I could be wrong - then I
would rename your class .top as .bottom instead . You want the naming
logic of classes to help the reviewer, to help understanding of the
test. I would consider renaming it left-side-of-central-baseline or
something like that.

------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-003-rl.xht

1.
is touching a thin blue line in each 2 orange rectangles and if all 2

Suggestion:
touching a thin blue line in each 3 orange rectangles and if all 3

[Addendum: maybe there should be only 2 orange rectangles; I now believe

------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-006-lr.xht

1.
" black block "

Suggestion:

" black stripe "

2.
      .top {
        color: gold;
      }

top class is declared but never used in the test.

3.
line 66 <p class="use-glyph-orientation">
I believe that this test was supposed to be testing only upright and mixed
since they trigger glyphs to be aligned according to central baseline
alignment. Maybe I am missing something... but your test text assert
suggests this test is only going to be testing upright and mixed.

------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/inline-block-alignment-006-rl.xht

1.
touching a thin blue line in each 2 orange rectangles and if all 2

If only mixed and upright should be tested in that test, then 2 is
correct and you should remove

2.
      .top {
        color: gold;
      }

is declared but never used.

------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/text-baseline-003-lr.xht

and

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/text-baseline-003-rl.xht

and

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/text-baseline-006-lr.xht

and

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/text-baseline-006-rl.xht

1.
" black block "

Suggestion:

" black stripe "

------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hshiozawa/submitted/css3-writing-modes/text-baseline-005-sidewaysright.xht

      .vertical-lr {
        writing-mode: vertical-lr;
      }

is declared but never used.

Maybe

line 48:     <div class="vertical-rl">

should be replaced with

line 48:     <div class="vertical-lr">

I will be checking your other tests later tomorrow.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: