Re: Requirements flags in reference files

Le Mer 26 juin 2013 19:45, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
> Hey Peter & Gérard,
>
> I've seen Gérard remove these flags in the past [1], but the guidelines
> [2] are somewhat ambiguous. Should a ref file not have flags?

According to

Simplified Reference Format
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest#the-reftest-reference-file

"
Unlike the format for the test file, there is no metadata except for the
author credits and optional reference links.
"

> For cases
> where the test and the reference have the same flag (for example, ahem),
> it makes sense that you needn't duplicate the info in the ref file as
> its bound to the test.  What about cases where the ref file has a flag
> that the test file does not? An example off the top of my head is maybe
> using SVG to render something equivalent that you're testing in CSS.
>
> And more generally, how exactly are these flags used?

and

you're trying to test].">

are only used for test files.

Gérard

> I saw some
> confusion about flags at TestTWF Tokyo as well that raises this question
> for me.
>
> (cc'ing my colleague Bem, who's not subscribed to this list, but who's
> encountering this situation)
>
> Thanks,
> -Rebecca
>
> [1] http://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/ed3f96bded71
> [2] http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#requirement-flags

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: