Re: Linking test suites to specs

Le Mar 25 juin 2013 18:37, Tobie Langel a écrit :
> On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> Le Mar 25 juin 2013 3:14, Tobie Langel a écrit :
>> > I'm working on a solution to automate running test suites (including
>> > reftests) and gathering results using WebDriver.
>>
>> Tobie,
>>
>> I am for automation of running test suites thanks to reftests. At the
>> same time, I want to point out that a wide majority of tests do not
>> have
>> a reftest.
>
> We should probably aim to fix that asap. Manual tests just don't get
> run.
>
> --tobie

Tobie,

I'm sorry if this was not clear from the beginning...

Before anyone starts creating reftests (or retrofitting, tuning tests so
that they can reference already created and available reftests), you do
first need to review and approve tests so that they are correct ones,
precise ones, honoring test format guidelines, requirements, specific
Ahem font requirements if applicable, etc..

There must be a precise order of tasks to do so that you, me or anyone
do not spend (later, eventually) more time, more energy, typing than
absolutely needed on tests and reftests.

Eg. Just this month, a question was asked from Masataka Yakura on
first-line selector and inline-block elements and after looking at

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/first-line-selector-013.htm

I am convinced such test can not fail, therefore such test is *_not_*
correctly testing what it originally aimed at testing.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: