Re: Allow @font-face and TTF font embedding in tests? (Japanese fonts)

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 07:17:31 +0100
To: "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Hello Gérard,

(Chris wrote)
>> I  would  prefer  to see woff rather than raw truetype or opentype
>> fonts.

> Unfortunately, I am not familiar with woff right now ... and how to
> create a .woff format with/from a .ttf format...

WOFF  is Web Open Font Format and is a W3C Recommendation.
http://www.w3.org/TR/WOFF/

It takes an SFNT font (ie TrueType or OpenType), makes a header, and
compresses each table in the font.Metadata (such as links to licening)
can also be included.

Making  one is trivial. Download this command line tool (from jonathan
Kew, one of the editors of the WOFF spec; source included)
http://people.mozilla.com/~jkew/woff/

compile, and then

sfnt2woff foo.ttf

makes foo.woff