Re: CSS3:Text Decoration Module text-underline-position test suites

Le Ven 8 février 2013 11:20, Takanori Kawabata a écrit :
> Hello.
>
> I made ​​a test of the property "text-underline-position" of "Text
> Decoration Module". And I would like to contribute these tests.
>
> I've attached ten xht file. Horizontal is 001. Vertical is 002.
>
> Could you review it or give me some comments?
>
> Sincerely.

Takanori,

Here are some quick and preliminary comments on 1 of your tests.

text-underline-position-all-001.xht

1.
line 4: <title>CSS Selectors Test: text-underline-position - all</title>

"
For specifications other than CSS 2.1, you can include the module name
somewhere before the colon, like “CSS Selectors Test:” or “CSS Test
(Selectors):”. Do not include the module version number, since the test
might get reused for the next version.
"

So, here

<title>CSS Text Decoration Test: text-underline-position - all</title>

is correct.

2.
line 6:
<link rel="help" title="CSS Text Decoration Module Level 3: 2.6. Text
Underline Position: the ‘text-underline-position’ property"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-decor-3/#text-underline-position-property"
/>

Just
<link rel="help" title="2.6. Text Underline Position: the
'text-underline-position' property"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-decor-3/#text-underline-position-property"
/>
is okay

3.
line 7:
<link rel="match" href="reftest/text-underline-position-all-001-ref.xht"/>

I can not examine reftest/text-underline-position-all-001-ref.xht . I
believe text-decoration tests can not be created with another method;
there is no specification on the exact position of text-decoration-line:
underline:
"Each line of text is underlined."
http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-decor-3/#text-decoration-line
does not specify how exactly...

[Addendum:
"
the underline is positioned relative to the under edge of the element's
content box. In this case the underline usually does not cross the
descenders.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-decor-3/#text-underline-position-property

"usually" could mean "should" as recommended.
]

There is no mention of the exact position of text-decoration: underline at
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem/

I think your test is assuming that underline should be immediately below
the 'p' glyph but this is not a definite certitude. So, right here, I'm
not sure. I could be wrong.

For whatever it's worth, when I toggle text-decoration: underline on and
off, I see no rendering difference in Firefox 18.0.2, in Opera 12.14 and
in Chrome 24.0.1312.69; so, I believe now that the underline is not
positioned below the 'p' glyph but rather it crosses the 'p' descender.

I'll try to run ttf-dump.exe later to get all the font metrics of Ahem
and see if maybe underline and overline relative positions are given.

4.
line 9:
underline specified on the same element: it does not affect underlines
specified by ancestor elements. " />

The ancestor element of the tested div#test is div.container and it
contains no glyphs. So, the test is not specifically testing that.

5.
line 42:
Test passes if the underline position of first sentence matches the
second one.

Ideally, the pass-fail conditions sentence should be clear and
understandable by anyone/everyone. Personally, I do not and can not see
an underline in this test.

So, here, maybe just say:
Test passes if there are 2 <strong>identical</strong> blue irregular
polygons.
If you remove the 'p' glyph, then
Test passes if the 2 blue stripes have the <strong>same size</strong>.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: