Re: CSS3-text: line-break - strict

Please review this again as I have modified the test case with
Gerard-san's useful comments.
Also, I commented my thoughts in line below.
regards,

(2013/02/08 10:55), "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Le Jeu 7 février 2013 10:07, taka a écrit :
>> Hello
>> Attached I re-submitted the subject test case for your review. I
> appreciate your kind review for this and your comments back to me.
> Please note this is the first outcome of a series of multiple
> sub-tests
>> and the rest will be followed after this review process completes.
>
> 1-
> line 5: <title>CSS Test: line-break - strict - Japanese small
> kana</title>
>
> "
> For specifications other than CSS 2.1, you can include the module name
> somewhere before the colon, like “CSS Selectors Test:” or “CSS Test
> (Selectors):”. Do not include the module version number, since the test
> might get reused for the next version.
> "
> http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#title-element
>
> So here,
>
> <title>CSS Text Test: line-break - strict - Japanese small kana</title>
>
> is ok.
I agree.

> 2-
> line 7: <link rel="help" title="CSS Text Module Level 3: 5.2. Breaking
> Rules for Punctuation: the ‘line-break’ property"
> href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#line-break" />
>
> <link rel="help" title="5.2. Breaking Rules for Punctuation: the
> 'line-break' property" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#line-break" />
>
> is okay.
I agree.

> 3-
> line 8:  <link rel="match" href=""/>
>
> Don't forget to link to a reftest if and when there is one. There should
> be one for line-break-strict-011.xht
I believe a reftest is not needed for this test case since the second
line, which source is shown below, gives a reference with a different
rendering technique.
プル文</span>
Even if I develop a reftest, I merely repeat the above <p
class="control"> ~ </p>, and it must be redundant, I believe.

> 4-
> line : <meta http-equiv="content-language" content="en, ja" />
>
> Using the lang attribute, you can hint/help browsers about lang; I'm not
> sure if this makes any significative/worthy difference.

As the whole contents are by xml utf-8, I believe an additional "lang"
attribute must be redundant.
So that, I will delete a line <meta http-equiv="content-language"
content="en, ja" />, and I do not indicate lang="ja" in <body> and <p>
tags, to avoid somewhat vague.

> 5-
> line 20: font-family: "IPAMincho", "IPAGothic", "IPA&#26126;&#26397;",
> "IPA&#12468;&#12471;&#12483;&#12463;";
>
> At the IPA fonts page, there's IPAexMincho Ver.002.01 and IPAexGothic
> Ver.002.01 fonts. I'm not sure if installing one of those would make the
> test fail anyway... while the CSS declaration is specifically looking
> for IPAMincho and IPAGothic fonts.
>
> I use Linux Kubuntu (a Debian distribution) and IPAMincho (Ver.
> 00303-10), IPAexMincho, IPAPMincho, IPAGothic (Ver. 00303-10),
> IPAexGothic, IPAPGothic packages are installable.
>
> Eg
> [Ku|Lu|U|Xu]buntu 12.10
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/en/quantal/all/fonts-ipafont-mincho/download
>
> Debian :
> http://packages.debian.org/en/sid/all/fonts-ipafont-mincho/download
>
> Your test specifies IPAMincho and not IPAexMincho and not
> IPAPMincho. Same thing for IPAGothic.
>
> [Addendum: after a lot of testing, I believe Firefox 18.0.2 requires
> both IPAMincho and IPAexMincho fonts to be installed while Opera 12.14
> and Chrome 24.0.1312.69 only requires IPAMincho font installed: that is
> the conclusion I reach on my Linux KDE 4.10 i686 system.]
>
> I think all of your tests should only have one single text and link to a
> list of downloadable and installable set of Japanese fonts: this would
> greatly ease the task of testers, I think. Such set of Japanese fonts
> would have to be included in or fetchable from
>
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/
>
> Usually, tests that require a special font to be installed will start with
>
> "
> PREREQUISITE: Operating system needs to have the 'foobar' font
> installed.
> Post Test: Remove test font after running the test.
> "
>
> Eg
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css21/author/microsoft/flag/font/content/PREREQ/
Thanks for your careful and thorough investigations, I agree.
I would like to place the PREREQUISITE statement at the bottom instead
of the top in order to help those who already installed the fonts to
concentrate on continued testings.

> 6-
> line 32: <h1> Japanese small kana </h1>
>    Test passes if the highlighted character in both rectangles is at the
> exact same horizontal position.<br />
> line 35:  </p>
>
> I think <h1> Japanese small kana </h1> does not help the testers and is
> not really part of the test; this could be in <!-- a comment --> in the
> source code. The <br /> is not needed as p element have default 1em
> vertical (top and bottom) margins in all browsers.
I agree.

> Finally, a demo-example with all these changes and with increased
> font-size + line-height:
thank you and I agree.

--

taka oshiyama 押山 隆