[css3-multicol] multicol-span-all-block-sibling-003 review; improving multicol-fill-auto-block-children-002

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 21:57:26 -0400
To: "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com>
Håkon,

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/multicol/multicol-span-all-block-sibling-003.xht

I examined this test and was not sure what this test was testing exactly
and how to improve it. In my opinion, this relies on the idea that a
spanning (with column-span: all) element will occupy more space than a
non-spanning (column-span: none) element causing a greater box height of
the multi-colum element.

So, what I did instead is try to improve the modifications I already
proposed to
multicol-fill-auto-block-children-002
and to consider it as a replacement too for
multicol-span-all-block-sibling-003.xht

So,

Proposed replacement for both multicol-span-all-block-sibling-003
and to multicol-fill-auto-block-children-002 tests:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Multi-Columns/Opera/multicol-fill-auto-block-children-002-GT.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Multi-Columns/Opera/multicol-fill-auto-block-children-002-GT-ref.xht

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: