Re: [css3-multicol] Review of multicol-fill-auto-block-children-001; proposed replacement

Le Sam 3 août 2013 21:55, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> [src]
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/multicol/multicol-fill-auto-block-children-001.xht
>
> I spent a lot of time examing this test and trying to figure out what
> such test was really trying to test exactly. I now think such test was a
> draft or an early test.
>
> If multi-column is not implemented, then the "fail" words are displayed
> below, after the large blue rectangular area. If multi-column is
> implemented, then all the "fail" words are painted into the large blue
> rectangular area. But in both cases, we do not see what's the purpose of
> a) the column-spanning h1 element, b) column-fill: auto declaration and
> c) block container children together in such test.
>
> So, I figured out a test where a tall
> column-spanning-across-all-column-boxes element with block container
> children would make sense in a test. And so, I finally came up with 2
> tests using carefully selected width, height, line-height, margin
> measurement values:
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Multi-Columns/Opera/multicol-fill-auto-block-children-001-GT.xht
>
> In such 001 test, if the UA does not support multi-column, then 2 "FAIL"
> words will appear below, after the large blue rectangular area.

001 test's expected result:

  8px                                           733px
  v                                              v
  *                                              *
  *  <h1>Test passes if the word "FAIL" is not   *  1st line box
  *  displayed.</h1>                             *  2nd line box
  *                                              *
  *                                              *
  * <h2>FAIL<h2>  <h2>FAIL<h2>  <h2>FAIL<h2>     *
  *                                              *
                ^              ^
               243px          488px

> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Multi-Columns/Opera/multicol-fill-auto-block-children-002-GT.xht
>
> In 002 test, if the UA supports multi-column but *_does NOT implement_*
> column-span accordingly, then there will be more space available for the
> "PASS!" word which will be painted inside the large blue rectangular
> area.
>
> In 002 test, if the UA supports multi-column and *_does implement_*
> column-span accordingly, then there will not be sufficient available
> space for the "PASS!" word and it will be rendered outside (on the
> right) the large blue rectangular area and it will be viewable since it
> will be displayed as blue on white area.

002 test's expected result:

  8px                                           688px
  v                                              v
  *  <h1>Test passes if the word "PASS!" is      *  1st line box
  *  displayed.</h1>                             *  2nd line box
  * <h2>nbsp;<h2>  <h2>nbsp;<h2>  <h2>nbsp;<h2>  *  <h2>PASS!</h2>
               228px          458px

Gérard