Re: class=reftest-wait

Le Ven 2 août 2013 19:57, Rebecca Hauck a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We have this documented on the CSSWG wiki [1] and I'm not sure if or how
> it's actually used.

What I understand is this:
The software running the test suite will know it has to wait a little in
tests that have <html class="reftest-wait" ...> before comparing the
rendered layout of the test with the reference test file. Because there
is a script doing some DOM node manipulation (add, remove, replace,
delete, insert of a node or text node) or setting some DOM attributes to
a node (or several nodes) in the test.

> I see 35 tests in the suite that have it [2].  I
> understand theoretically what it's used for,  but it seems the missing
> piece of information here is that an external harness running automated
> reftests would need to know about it to honor it, correct?

If I understand your question,... yes, such customized external
automated test harness running automated reftests would definitely need
to know about <html class="reftest-wait" ...> in order to know what to
do about it.

> In porting
> this to the new W3C test documentation suite, I'd like make this
> complete or remove it if it's irrelevant.

I believe it's relevant. Maybe Elika or David Baron or Boris Zbarsky
could elaborate more on this.

> Thanks,
> -Rebecca
>
> [1] http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest

"
If the test must perform some processing before a comparison can be made
to the reference, add class=reftest-wait to the root element, and remove
it when the comparison can be made.
"
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest#the-reftest-test-file

Gérard

> [2] http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/content/reftest-wait/

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: