Re: Reftest Maximum Viewport Size

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:05:53 -0400
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa@google.com>, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, "w3c-css-wg" <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>

Le Mer 12 septembre 2012 18:33, fantasai a écrit :
> Reftest harnesses often work by taking screenshots and comparing those
> screenshots. Parts of a test outside the viewport are therefore not
> compared. The question here is, what is the smallest size that we need
> to accommodate?
>
> Mozilla is suggesting 600x600; does anyone think we need to go smaller?
>
> ~fantasai

For your information, some tests - which do not have a reftest - are in
the NeedsWork status because, precisely, they are not reliable, not
trustworthy at 640px.

Eg.

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/margin-collapse-154/

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/margin-collapse-154.htm

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/position-004/

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/position-004.htm

By choosing 600x600, we may eventually find a few more tests that are
incorrect at smaller than 640px width.

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: