RE: background-size-032 (Re: New tests submission for css3 background-clip/-origin/-size)

From: Zhang, Zhiqiang <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:31:58 +0000
To: "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
CC: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "Christensen, Kenneth" <kenneth.christensen@intel.com>, "Zhang, Haili" <haili.zhang@intel.com>, "Yu, Ling L" <ling.l.yu@intel.com>, "Yang, Lei A" <lei.a.yang@intel.com>

> > http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-
> background/background-size-032.html
> >
> > This test should be using a dramatically bigger font-size (say, font:
> > 5em/1 == 80px/1) and most probably the Ahem font should be used so
> that
> > content area would be fully under control in the test.
> >
> > One issue is that background-image are painted behind glyphs, so here
> > Ahem font would need to be transparent (with color: transparent),
> > otherwise ::first-letter would need to declare absolute or relative
> > positioning.

I don't think it has to use Ahem font in this test because it doesn't need to fully control the content area. Sure, if we want to write a reftest for this test, it's better to use the Ahem font.

> > Since the test is about ::first-letter, then a single word should be
> > used; a full paragraph of 2 sentences is not needed.
>

> It should be
>
> line 13: div::first-letter
>
> and not
>
> line 13: div:first-letter

Updated.

But www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#first-letter has examples using :first-letter.

E.g.
p:first-letter { font-size: 3em; font-weight: normal }

And I think that :first-letter and ::first-letter are same thing, right?

Updated the background-image to blue96x96.png @ https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/06faac60a4a7