background-size-008 : title and text assert (Re: New tests submission for css3 background-clip/-origin/-size)

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:28:40 -0400
To: "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Cc: "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "Christensen, Kenneth" <kenneth.christensen@intel.com>, "Zhang, Haili" <haili.zhang@intel.com>, "Yu, Ling L" <ling.l.yu@intel.com>, "Yang, Lei A" <lei.a.yang@intel.com>

Le Sam 13 octobre 2012 16:36, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Le Sam 13 octobre 2012 5:09, Zhang, Zhiqiang a écrit :
>> Hello,
>> I would like to submit the following tests:
>> https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/e96e00bc2454
>> We are verifying the conformance with the following sections of
>> css3-background spec:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-clip
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-origin
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-size
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#values
>> Review is appreciated:
>> https://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/author/intel/status/submitted/

The role of the title is to identify what specific detail of a feature
or combination of features is being tested

Basically, the title should list the "ingredients" involved in the test,
which are subject of the test, which are targeted in the test.

The text assert "(...) should contain a complete detailed statement
expressing what specifically the test is attempting to prove."

So, basically, you want the text assert to describe what/how some
declarations - which are the object of the test - are handled or are
parsed or are rendered or are resolved or interact with each other.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: