background-size-008 : title and text assert (Re: New tests submission for css3 background-clip/-origin/-size)

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 18:28:40 -0400
To: "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Cc: "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "Christensen, Kenneth" <kenneth.christensen@intel.com>, "Zhang, Haili" <haili.zhang@intel.com>, "Yu, Ling L" <ling.l.yu@intel.com>, "Yang, Lei A" <lei.a.yang@intel.com>

Le Sam 13 octobre 2012 16:36, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

> Le Sam 13 octobre 2012 5:09, Zhang, Zhiqiang a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to submit the following tests:
>> https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/e96e00bc2454
>>
>> We are verifying the conformance with the following sections of
>> css3-background spec:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-clip
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-origin
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-size
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#values
>>
>> Review is appreciated:
>> https://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/author/intel/status/submitted/

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/background-size-008.html

"
The role of the title is to identify what specific detail of a feature
or combination of features is being tested
"
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#title-element

Basically, the title should list the "ingredients" involved in the test,
which are subject of the test, which are targeted in the test.

The text assert "(...) should contain a complete detailed statement
expressing what specifically the test is attempting to prove."

So, basically, you want the text assert to describe what/how some
declarations - which are the object of the test - are handled or are
parsed or are rendered or are resolved or interact with each other.

Eg:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/background-size-008-review.html

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: