Re: [css3-values]

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:31:33 -0400
To: "Tharp, Dave" <dtharp@quicinc.com>
Cc: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>

Le Jeu 17 mai 2012 12:22, Tharp, Dave a écrit :
> http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/css3/valuesandunits/units-000.htm
> The test uses the "old" representation 'vm' instead of the unit 'vmin'
> required by the specification.  IE recognizes this unit, standards
> compliant browsers do not.
> See: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-values/#viewport-relative-lengths
> Suggest changing the test to use 'vmin' instead of 'vm'
> Regards,
> -Dave Tharp

Such Microsoft test has not been submitted to the W3C.

Also, there is no CSS3 values and units test suite at W3C yet, so far:

I suggest to send your excellent and relevant feedback to IE blog;
frankly, I'm not sure where/how people are supposed to send feedback,
comments, reports to IE dev. team when newest CSS3 tests are wrong.

I also suggest that you always try to give a meaningful, descriptive but
short subject line to your email: eg
[CSS3 values] units-000 uses deprecated vm length unit instead of vmin

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: