Re: [RC6] Text assert of several background-0* test doubtful or inaccurate

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:11:22 -0400

Le Lun 19 mars 2012 19:05, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

> it is possible to have an image with parts of it transparent; in
> which case, the color declaration would have an effect. Btw, I checked
> the submitted test and we do not have a test using an image with
> transparent parts.

Newly submitted test:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/background-006a.xht

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/background-006a.htm

> "
> When the image is available, it is rendered on top of the background
> color. (Thus, the color is visible in the transparent parts of the
> image).
> "
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#propdef-background-image

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: