[RC6] border-width-applies-to-001 to 007, 013 and 014: 3 unneeded declarations and single-cell in single-row

Le Mar 26 juin 2012 0:31, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Le Lun 25 juin 2012 23:14, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
>> Arron,
>> [RC6]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/border-width-applies-to-001.htm
[nightly-unstable]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-width-applies-to-001.htm
1-
>> line 22    margin: 1in;
>> I see no reason for such 'margin: 1in'.
>> "
>> UAs must compute an initial left and right border width for the table by
>> examining the first and last cells in the first row of the table. The
left border width of the table is half of the first cell's collapsed
left border, and the right border width of the table is half of the
last
>> cell's collapsed right border. If subsequent rows have larger
>> collapsed
>> left and right borders, then any excess spills into the margin area
of
>> the table.
>> "
>> 17.6.2 The collapsing border model
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#collapsing-borders
>> Since there is only 1 table row, then there can not be any excess
spilling out toward the left. So, 'margin: 1in' is not needed.
>> 2-
>> line 21:   height: 1in;
>> "
>> The top border width of the table is computed by examining all cells who
>> collapse their top borders with the top border of the table. The top
border width of the table is equal to half of the maximum collapsed
top
>> border. The bottom border width is computed by examining all cells whose
>> bottom borders collapse with the bottom of the table. The bottom border
>> width is equal to half of the maximum collapsed bottom border.
>> "
>> 17.6.2 The collapsing border model
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#collapsing-borders
>> The maximum collapsed top border is 1in; so, the top border width of the
>> table should be 0.5in.
>> The maximum collapsed bottom border is 1in; so, the bottom border width
>> of the table should be 0.5in.
>> So, this leaves 1in in height for the cell and the 2 halves of the
maximum collapsed top and bottom borders. So the table height should
be
>>  0.5in: half of the maximum collapsed top border
>> +
>>  1in: height set for the cell
>> +
>>  0.5in: half of the maximum collapsed bottom border
>> ================
>>  2in
>> So, line 21: height: 1in can not be honored.
>> Chrome 19.0.1084.56 (computed height value of table is 192px) agrees
with my reasoning here; I do not have IE9.0.7.
> I just checked IE9 with browsershots.org this test (with all 3 lines
removed) with
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-001.xht
and it is rendered identically to Chrome 19.0.1084.56.
>> So, line 21: height: 1in can be safely removed IMO as it gets
>> overruled
>> by the explanations given in 17.6.2 and in 17.5.3.
>> 3-
>> line 27:    width: 1in;
> It should have been written instead
> line 24:     width: 1in;
>> "
>> The left border width of the table is half of the first cell's
>> collapsed
>> left border, and the right border width of the table is half of the last
>> cell's collapsed right border.
>> "
>> 17.6.2 The collapsing border model
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#collapsing-borders
>> So, the table width should be:
>>  0.5in: half of the sole cell's collapsed left border
>> +
>>  1in: the sole cell's width
>> +
>>  0.5in: the sole cell's collapsed right border
>> ==================
>>  2in
>> "
>> The width of the table is then the greater of the value of the
'width'
>> property for the table element and the sum of the column widths (plus
cell spacing or borders).
>> "
>> 17.5.2.1 Fixed table layout
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#fixed-table-layout
>> So the table width should be 2in and the line 27 declaration can not be
>> honored. Chrome 19.0.1084.56 (computed width value of table is 192px)
agrees with my reasoning here.
>> So, line 27: width: 1in can be safely removed IMO as it gets
overruled
>> by the explanations in 17.6.2 and in 17.5.2.1.
> I meant line 24, not line 27.
>> The same would have to be carried over to
>> border-width-applies-to-002, 003, 004, 005, 006 tests.
> And also border-width-applies-to-013 and 014.
>> ---------------
>> [RC6]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/border-width-applies-to-007.htm
[nightly-unstable]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-width-applies-to-007.htm
This time, calculations are easier since
>> "
>> The width of the table is the distance from the left inner padding edge
>> to the right inner padding edge (including the border spacing but
excluding padding and border).
>> "
>> and the cell has
>> line 24:    #cell
> It should have been written
> line 23:    #cell
>>             {
>>                 border-style: solid;
>>                 border-width: 1in;
>>                 display: table-cell;
>>                 height: 1in;
>>                 width: 1in;
>>             }
>> and here again:
>> "
>> The width of the table is then the greater of the value of the
'width'
>> property for the table element and the sum of the column widths (plus
cell spacing or borders).
>> "
>> 17.5.2.1 Fixed table layout
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#fixed-table-layout
>> So, the table width should be 3in and its height 3in (Chrome 19
agrees
>> with my reasoning); therefore lines 15 and 18 can not be honored and are
>> overriden:
>>             #table
>>             {
>>                 display: table;
>> line 15:        height: 1in;
>> line 16:        margin: 1in;
>>                 table-layout: fixed;
>> line 18:        width: 1in;
>>             }
> Correct line numbers were 14, 15 and 17
>> Therefore, here too, I propose to remove lines 15, 16 and 18.

Arron,

The

border-width-applies-to-001
border-width-applies-to-002
border-width-applies-to-003
border-width-applies-to-004
border-width-applies-to-005
border-width-applies-to-006
border-width-applies-to-007
border-width-applies-to-013
border-width-applies-to-014

tests have also the issue of having only 1 single cell into 1 single
row... which is not a realistic webpage scenario. Therefore, I proposed
these replacements (which remove the 3 unneeded declarations and use a
minimum of 2 rows with 2 cells each):

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-001.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-002.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-003.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-004.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-005.xht
(Chrome 19 fails border-width-applies-to-005.xht and all I can think is
there's a bug)

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-006.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-007.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-013.xht

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/border-width-applies-to-014.xht

These tests all share the same reftest: border-width-applies-to-001-ref
in my css21testsuite folder.

Nota bene: these tests

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-001.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-002.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-003.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-004.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-005.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-006.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-007.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-008.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-009.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/collapsing-table-borders-010.htm

are testing HTML <table> and with more than 1 cell per row; testing
borders in border-collapse: collapse model applies on <thead> and
<tfoot> is nevertheless missing.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: