Re: [RC6] line-height-002 to line-height-104 have various issues

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:56:47 -0500
To: "Arron Eicholz" <arron.eicholz@microsoft.com>

Le Mer 22 février 2012 20:27, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Le Mer 22 février 2012 17:23, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
>> What the tests would originally want to do is to paint line box and
>> then
>> compare it with some reference object or reference image.
>> For other tests, (...) I have a precise idea or 2.
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/line-height-1-unit.html

It must be said that the 1mm and 1cm will cause fractional pixel issue;
Chrome 17, Konqueror 4.8 (and presumably Safari 5.1.2) will have a 1px
taller black squares for 1mm and 1cm tests.

> I originally started with Ahem font everywhere but serif font (except
> for 1ex) is much more convincing.
> The black square is on the rightmost column so that it does not and can
> not influence the line box height in leftmost column.
> Bottom line: the line box height can be set, the line box can be painted
> and then compare to a reference image.

Test without verbose:

and again, 1px taller black squares for 1mm and 1cm tests in Chrome 17
and Konqueror 4.8 (and presumably Safari 5.1.2).

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: