Re: Removing support files that are no longer needed

On Dec 14, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Rebecca Hauck wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm about to modify the background-color tests (discussed in a separate thread) to be html-only reftests, eliminating the need for color swatch pngs they currently use.  Before I remove the pngs from the support folder in the repository, I'm checking that no other tests use them.  Is simply searching the /approved folder a good enough way to look this up? Or do I even need to do this?

Yes, you need to make sure other tests don't use them before you remove them. For support files the best bet at this point is to just do a "grep -r '<filename>' *" in the root of the test repository and search the whole thing for uses of the files.

Note that some (all?) of those swatches exist in multiple directories already, if there are no uses left, be sure to remove all the other copies of them too.

At some point Shepherd will track usage of support files like it tracks usage of references to make that kind of search easier.

Peter