RE: [RC6] white-space-processing-056: false positives

Le Ven 27 juillet 2012 12:25, Arron Eicholz a écrit :
> On Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:28 PM Gérard Talbot wrote:
>> [RC6]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/white-space-
>> processing-056.htm
>>
>> [nightly-unstable]
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/white-space-
>> processing-056.htm
>>
>> As far as I can see this, Firefox 4.0.1 under XP SP3, Firefox 14.0.1
>> under Linux
>> KDE 4.8.4, Firefox 17.0.1a (nightly build 20120726) under XP
>> SP3 and Safari 5.1.7 under XP SP3 fail such test.
>>
>> The submitted implementation reports suggests otherwise.
>>
>> I think the pass/fail conditions sentence is written in a way that is
>> not so
>> clear. What's a box? If an irregular polygon can be a "box", then it's
>> a pass..
>
> I see a couple of small things that might need to be fixed in this case
> but nothing major that makes the case invalid or not correct as it
> stands today.

Arron,

Agreed. The test was valid and correct.

I only wanted to underline the fact that Firefox 4.0beta6's
implementation report and Safari 5.0.2's implementation report both
claimed that they passed such test when they did not. By mentioning
"false positives", I misworded this.

> We could change the font size to 20px and maybe change the pass
> conditions to say "...two rectangles..." but the definition of 'box' is
> defined as a rectangle not an irregular polygon.

font size has been changed to 1.25em and pass conditions are now saying
"2 small filled black squares".

[src]
http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/text/white-space-processing-056.xht

[reftest, src]
http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/text/white-space-processing-056-ref.xht

[RC6]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/white-space-processing-056.htm

[nightly-unstable]
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/white-space-processing-056.htm

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: