Re: [css3-conditional] Submitted a few TCs: at-supports-019, at-supports-022 and at-supports-027

Le Lun 6 août 2012 5:08, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
> On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:43:51 +0200, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
>> "
>> Finally, sort by order specified: if two declarations have the same
>> weight, origin and specificity, the latter specified wins.
>> "
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#cascading-order
>>
>> "
>> Order of appearance. The last declaration wins.
>> "
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-cascade/#cascading
>

>> Proposal
>> --------
>>
>> line 11: <style>
>> 			div {
>>                                 background-color:red;
>> /* You want the test to identify user agents which have
>> no support for @supports */
>> 				height:100px;
>> 				width:100px;
>> 			}
>> 			@supports (margin: 4px) {
>> 				div { background-color:green; }
>> 			}
>>

>> 			@supports (margin: ) {
>> 				div { background-color:red; }
>> 			}
>
> I don't think this would preserve the purpose of the test. It would
> correctly check that the parser does not apply red, but it would not
> check
> that the parser recovers at the right place after the error. Instead,
> how
> about this using !important or a higher specificity selector on
> background-color:red? Like this:
>
> div { height:100px; width:100px; }
> @supports (margin: ) { div { background-color:red !important; } }
> div { background-color:green; }

Florian,

Then IE8 or most/any browser without @supports implementation would pass
such code: that's the problem I see and believe should be avoided,
worked around.

>> ---------------------
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/at-supports-022.html

>> 			div {
>> 				height:100px;
>> 				width:100px;
>> 			}
>> 			@supports [margin: 0] {
>> 				div { background-color:red; }
>> 			}
>> 			div { background-color:green; }
>>
>> Same thing here. If squared brackets is incorrectly honored when
>> parsing
>> the @supports rule, then it will not make a difference since
>> background-color is redefined again in the last rule. So, the test -
>> it
>> seems to me - will not identify faulty, incorrect implementations.
>
> You are right, this is problematic. Like the previous test, higher
> specificity or !important would fix it I think.

[snipped]

How about the following proposed replacement code for
at-supports-022.html then:

 			div {
                                background-color: red;
 				height: 100px;
 				width: 100px;
 			}
 			@supports [margin: 0] {
 				div { background-color: red !important; }
 			}
 			@supports (margin: 1px) {
                                div {background-color: green; }
                        }

Gérard
P.S. I must go now; I will read the rest of your email and your other
email later.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: