Re: [css3-conditional] Submitted a few TCs: at-supports-019, at-supports-022 and at-supports-027

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/

> This is the first time I submit TCs, so I am sure I did it wrong, but
> hopefully not too much.

Florian,

I have checked a few tests and have some questions.

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/at-supports-019.html

line 11: <style>
			div {
				height:100px;
				width:100px;
			}
			@supports (margin: ) {
				div { background-color:red; }
			}
line 19:		div { background-color:green; }

Let's assume that a particular user agent does not parse the @support
rule in this test as invalid. Let's assume here that such user agent
honors such @supports rule. Since the rule at line 19 appears after the
@supports rule, it will redefine the background-color. So, the test will
not be able to corner faulty user agents here.

"
Finally, sort by order specified: if two declarations have the same
weight, origin and specificity, the latter specified wins.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#cascading-order

"
Order of appearance. The last declaration wins.
"
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-cascade/#cascading

Proposal
--------

line 11: <style>
			div {
                                background-color:red;
/* You want the test to identify user agents which have
no support for @supports */
				height:100px;
				width:100px;
			}
			@supports (margin: 4px) {
				div { background-color:green; }
			}

			@supports (margin: ) {
				div { background-color:red; }
			}

---------------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/at-supports-022.html

			div {
				height:100px;
				width:100px;
			}
			@supports [margin: 0] {
				div { background-color:red; }
			}
			div { background-color:green; }

Same thing here. If squared brackets is incorrectly honored when parsing
the @supports rule, then it will not make a difference since
background-color is redefined again in the last rule. So, the test - it
seems to me - will not identify faulty, incorrect implementations.

Proposal
--------

			div {
                                background-color:red;
				height:100px;
				width:100px;
			}

			@supports (margin: 0) {
				div { background-color:green; }
			}

			@supports [margin: 9px] {
				div { background-color:red; }
			}

---------------------

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/at-supports-027.html

			div {
				background-color:green;
				height:100px;
				width:100px;
			}
			@supports (margin: 0)

This test can *_never_* fail. There is no possibility that red can be
displayed. As coded, IE4 will pass this test.

I will examine other tests...

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: