Re: [css3-conditional] Submitted a few TCs

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/

> This is the first time I submit TCs, so I am sure I did it wrong, but
> hopefully not too much.

Florian,

I have checked quickly a few of them. Those are actually pretty good
ones. Although ...

1- The title should start with "CSS Test:"
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/format#title-element
{
For specifications other than CSS 2.1, you can include the module name
somewhere before the colon, like “CSS Selectors Test:” or “CSS Test
(Selectors):”.
}

So here,

<title>CSS Test (Conditional Rules): ...</title>

2-

a) The "below" word is unneeded. (I would say the same for "after",
"after this sentence", after this line", "afterwards", "following",
"next".) You want the pass/fail condition sentence to be as short and
meaningful as possible.
b) Because several tests have used borders to create a shape, then
several tests are now upgraded to be distinctively stating "hollow
square" and "filled square".
c) I proposed to embolden the most important words of a pass/fail
conditions sentence to help testers (eye scannability, skimmability of
text to read) reading sentences. So, here, I'd say the most important
words describing the pass/fail conditions sentence would be "no red".

Example given:
http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css2.1/src/reference/ref-filled-green-100px-square.xht
is being reused for several dozens of tests.

3- Listing properties in rules in alphabetical order is preferred but
optional.
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/review-checklist#nitpicky

4-
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/at_supports_001-ref.html
should have / include
<title>CSS Reftest Reference</title>
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/reftest#the-reftest-reference-file

regards , Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: