Re: Format guidelines for tests (particularly HTML5)

Le Mar 17 avril 2012 6:38, Aryeh Gregor a écrit :
> 2012/4/16 "Gérard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>:
>> Why title should be more than 60 or 80 characters long anyway? Title
>> text should be able to fit onto a browser titlebar. Exceeding that
>> limit, text will be replaced with ellipsis.

I got that wrong. The titlebar can show more than 80 characters without
truncation. Something like 160 characters is okay. (Though the display
of title in tabs will be truncated to 40 characters or so.. but it's not
as important as titlebar and as long as the first words starts with "CSS
Transforms test:" or "CSS Test (Transforms):")

>> The title text should not
>> replace the assert or comments in the code.
>>
>> James Hopkins had a good system. He mentioned the property name, then
>> an
>> hyphen and then a few other words like other property names.
>>
>> E.g.
>> <title>CSS Test: overflow - max-width and percentage</title>
>>
>> <title>CSS Test: list-style-position - text-indent</title>
>
> The problematic titles are things like
>
>   <title>CSS Test (Transforms): Containing Block for Fixed Positioning
> (right/bottom offsets)</title>

What you have here is okay with me. But it could still be a serie of
tests with those different types of offsets, so with the same title,
without "(right/bottom offsets)". But anyway, again, what you wrote is
okay with me.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: