RE: Acceptable reviewers

> On Friday, April 13, 2012 12:54 PM Alan Stearns wrote:
> > I have a question about tests in the 'Awaiting Review' state. The guidelines
> > say that anyone familiar with the spec and the test guidelines can review
> > tests, except for their own. Is it meant that each individual cannot review
> > their own tests, or is the definition of 'their own' a bit broader?
> >
> > For example, Dirk Schulze and Rebecca Hauk from Adobe are working fairly
> > closely on CSS3 Transforms tests, and are each submitting tests. Would it be
> > acceptable for them to review each other's work? Should they instead find
> > someone outside their immediate team (but perhaps still at Adobe)? Or is it
> > required that they find someone outside Adobe to review their tests?
> >

> I do think they should review each other's work before submitting the cases to the W3C. It is up to the policies at submitting organization to decide that but it is a good practice and sometimes dumb mistakes can be eliminated early.

Yes, we do review our tests internally at Adobe before moving to submitted.

> As for review for approval as an official W3C test case... That approval should be done by a person outside the submitting organization to eliminate any conflict of interest or common assumptions that may occur due to the working relationships within an organization.
I assume this was a more generic question from Alan. We definitely don't want to approve our own tests. We have an internal reviewing process. Other than that, I vote for getting tests reviews by other parties always. This is the best way to guarantee quality of tests.

Greetings,
Dirk