RE: [CSS3-mediaqueries]: Invalid test cases in test suite

From: Arron Eicholz <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:45:01 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "L. David Baron (dbaron@dbaron.org)" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:14 AM Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Arron Eicholz
> <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately we defined 0 to be both positive and negative.
>
> Wait, we did?  Dammit, that means I probably have language that needs
> adjusting in my specs.  I assumed that if you wanted to include zero you used
> "non-negative/positive".

The problem is that 0 can take signs. Since it can then we have to be explicit about it. If you say 'positive' then +0 is valid, similar issue with 'non-negative'. However, -0 would of course not be valid for 'positive' or 'non-negative'. We just need to be clearer when it comes to writing text about values.

We should get in the habit of saying 'non-zero' if we want to exclude 0.

--
Thanks,
Arron Eicholz