Re: Are self-describing reftests required?

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 17:19:46 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Thread summary:

1. Reftests are a CSS test suite requirement with very few exceptions (if
any)
2. Self-describing tests are preferred but not required.

I've added a line to the Review Checklist on
http://wiki.csswg.org/test/css2.1/review so that people who read to the
bottom of that page won't be surprised when their non-reftests don't pass
review. There may be other places on the wiki where this should be
mentioned, but this seemed to be the best place to start.

I'm assuming a section on reftests should be added to
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/guidelines.html, either as it is now or
when the document gets updated to a CSS3 version.

Thanks,

Alan