Re: [RC5, pre-RC6] list-style-position-applies-to-* testcases: inheritance of list-style-position versus applicability

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 12:19:02 -0700

Le Jeu 1 septembre 2011 12:02, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

> The way I understand this:
>
>             element's property is assigned a (initial or inherited)
> value
>            /
>           /
> applies to
>           \
>            \
>             has a rendering effect on
>

> Sometimes, "applies to" means assign, more often "applies to" in the
> property definition mean has a rendering effect. Regardless such
> vocabulary issue, the list-style-position-applies-to [001-015] testcase
> text assert are not, IMO, appropriate.

Folks,

Please ignore the above. I should have read David's reply instead.

Again, <emphasis> I deeply and sincerly believe that text assert should
help clarify, convey and understand what a testcase is doing, testing,
achieving, measuring, etc.. and not confuse or contribute to confusion.

Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/