Re: [CSS21] z-index-020 test case is invalid

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:41:25 +0200
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>, "Arron Eicholz" <Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com>
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:26:02 +0200, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
wrote:

> I agree that, given the placement of 7.2.5 (after David's correction)
> right after the step where text gets drawn, and given how browsers
> actually paint text in an inline-block child vs. block-level children,
> it looks like the behavior intended to be specified in the text might be
> such that the outline in this test case may be painted before the aqua
> inline-block background.

Ah, sorry, I got things a bit mixed up when I wrote that sentence. Given
the placement of 7.3 right after 7.2, I mean, and given how browsers
already paint text in a block child behind the background of an
inline-block child that comes after the block.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA