Re: Comments on [RC6] background-position-applies-to-004, vertical-align-117, vertical-align-118

Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:52:04 +0200, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:
>
>> Argh... Forgot to say and wanted to add that Opera 11.52 fails
>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/vertical-align-117a.html
>
> Looks OK to me (Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04), maybe you could file a
> report with some more details?

Hello Øyvind,

I made a lot of tunings and tweakings to those testcases during the
weekend. The failure I noticed was when using generic serif instead of
Ahem. I'll have to recreate the testcase which did not quite pass in
Opera 11.52. I am not absolutely sure that the small difference in
rendering isn't allowed or granted thanks to section 10.6.1 which
states "The height of the content area should be based on the font,
but this specification does not specify how.".

> The TC guidelines say that "[i]n the absence of any red, green
> indicates success", so the span should probably be blue color or
> something instead of lime.

Excellent feedback! I have adopted your suggestion.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011