background-color-applies-to-008

From: Seo Sanghyeon <sanxiyn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 22:35:07 +0900
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Hi,

I got interested in CSS and I started to write a CSS implementation today.
https://github.com/sanxiyn/csstty

background-color-applies-to-008 seems wrong to me. It says:

Test passes if the box below is black.

div { background-color: black; display: inline }

This seems to assume that initial value of color is black too. But according
to CSS21, initial value of color "depends on user agent". Indeed, for csstty,
initial value is gray on black background, and no black box appears.

--
Seo Sanghyeon