Shepherd and Status for rejected/rejectable/removable testcases; Status Updated

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:40:03 -0400
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Peter Linss" <peter.linss@hp.com>
Hello,

Quote from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2011Sep/0031.html

{
Peter Linss:
> 'Rejected', meaning that the test should be removed
> rather than fixed.

Fantasai:
I see only two reasons for a test to be rejected:
   1. It's a duplicate, so should be merged with an existing test.
   2. It's out-of-scope.

I think it'd be clearer to be able to label things as Duplicate or
Out-of-Scope rather than marking them as Rejected (...)
}
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2011Sep/0031.html

I am reviewing testcases and updating their status with Shepherd today.

If I believe that a testcase is out-of-scope and can not be
rehabilitated (reworked, improved, corrected), then what should I choose
as status? How to mark it in Shepherd? With Status: Specification Issue
? I need to be sure here... although I can not see how it could be
anything else besides "Specification Issue" .

Concretely speaking, min-height, max-height, min-width and max-width do
not apply on several sub-table elements; their effect is undefined in
CSS 2.1.

"In CSS 2.1, the effect of 'min-height' and 'max-height' on tables,
inline tables, table cells, table rows, and row groups is undefined."
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#min-max-heights

"In CSS 2.1, the effect of 'min-width' and 'max-width' on tables, inline
tables, table cells, table columns, and column groups is undefined."
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#min-max-widths

Now, at least 21 [min]|[max]-[height]|[width]-applies-to testcases
"collide", contradict the spec.

I am not sure what purpose is served with Status Updated. If a testcase
has been updated, then shouldn't it get back into the "Awaiting Review"
category? ... as a standby status ... until it can be put into the
"Approved" category ?

thanks, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

CSS 2.1 test suite harness:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: