Update Re: [RC5, pre-RC6] font-systemfont-rule-004 incorrect

Le Dim 20 mars 2011 17:19, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Arron,
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/html4/font-systemfont-rule-004.htm
> (RC5)
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/font-systemfont-rule-004.htm
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_15/font-systemfont-rule-004.htm
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/microsoft/submitted/Chapter_15/font-systemfont-rule-004.xht
>
> The testcase has everything to do with section 6.4.3 Calculating a
> selector's specificity (id is b and wins over class which is c) and
> nothing with font shorthand not listing explicitly subproperties.

Arron,

I revisited this testcase. The testcase is not incorrect after all.
Albeit I think the testcase should state (that would help!) that the
rules for specificity applies in this test and such rules are playing a
role in this test; the declarations of the id-ed element (#div2) wins
over the ones of the class-ed element (.test) when there is a
conflictual value for the same property.

> As coded, the testcase currently is not testing what it originally
> intended to test.

The testcase does test what it originally intended to test. Personally I
would have avoided the specificity situation (re. 6.4.3) in the testcase
and focus on the font shorthand aspect only.

> Proposed replacement
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/font-systemfont-rule-004.htm

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011