Re: Questions on [RC6] anonymous-boxes-001

Le Mar 15 novembre 2011 15:22, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Boris,
>
> [RC6]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/anonymous-boxes-001.htm
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/anonymous-boxes-001.htm
>
> 1- #child is floated left: why? I do not see why it would need to or
> what left-floating it accomplishes. #child and #background both have
> z-index: auto and #child follows after #background: so #child should
> overlap #background. #child has top: auto so it should be resolved as 0.
>
> 2- The assert text goes saying something that just isn't tested by the
> testcase code:

> resolving         percentage values that would refer to it: the
> closest non-anonymous         ancestor box is used instead.">
>     #parent { height: 200px; position: relative; }
>     #child { float: left; height: 50%; width: 100px; background: green;
> position: relative }
>     #background { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100px;
> height: 100px; background: red }
>  </head>
>
> The only anonymous block box I see is represented by the non-breaking
> space and nothing can be referring to it anyway. #child is not inside an
> anonymous block box.
>
> "Anonymous block boxes are ignored when resolving percentage values that
> would refer to it: the closest non-anonymous ancestor box is used
> instead. For example, if the child of the anonymous block box inside the
> DIV above needs to know the height of its containing block to resolve a
> percentage height, then it will use the height of the containing block
> formed by the DIV, not of the anonymous block box."
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#anonymous-block-level

Proposed replacements:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/anonymous-boxes-001a.html

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/anonymous-boxes-001b.html

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: