Re: text-decoration-089

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:18:56 -0800
To: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> a écrit :

> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/text-decoration-089.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/text-decoration-089.htm
> This test was mentioned in an earlier mail, but it seems to have
> issues on its own.
> 1) It says "single orange line", but since the inline-block should
> not have any decoration it will actually be two lines. So the pass
> condition gets a bit confusing.

I agree with you; a computer software would state/claim there are 2 lines.

How would you write/clarify the pass/fail sentence then?

How about:
Test passes if there is an orange line below, underneath the words
LINE A and if there is an orange line below, underneath LINE B. Test
fails if there are any orange lines under, inside, above, or on the
dotted blue box.

Would that be okay?

> 2) It says "below, underneath the words LINE A and LINE B", but in
> fact this is not guaranteed by the spec. When there are multiple
> solutions, (unfortunately) "CSS 2.1 does not define the position of
> the line box's baseline" [1], and since all the spans (including the
> inline-block) are bottom-aligned, this seems to be the case here.
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#line-height

I think you're right. I have added  [RC6] text-decoration-089 in the list
of Incorrect RC6 testcases
along with a link to your email.

This, it seems, was also the same issue also for

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

CSS 2.1 test suite harness: