Re: 20 new testcases submitted in /source/approved/css2.1/src/

Le Dim 15 mai 2011 15:56, Linss, Peter a écrit :
> Hi Gérard,
>
> in general, please don't make changes to tests in the approved
> directory, especially don't add new ones there. That directory is only
> for tests that have been reviewed and approved.
>
> You should be submitting your new tests (and new support files) into
> contributors/gtalbot/submitted (and
> contributors/gtalbot/submitted/support).

I have tried multiple times and it's not possible to submit my new tests
(and new support files) into contributors/gtalbot/submitted.

I get an error message that I do not understand: subversion repository
definitely moved in
'http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/gtalbot/submitted/'; please
relocalize.

"
Dépôt definitivement déplacé en
'http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/gtalbot/submitted/' ; merci
de relocaliser
"

> If you're making changes to tests that are already in approved, please
> copy those tests back to your submitted folder and submit the changes
> there.

Again, I wish I could and I wish I could have.

"copy those tests back": all I can find is "move" ... and I can only
move one test at a time. First, I need to trace all the submitted tests.

> I'm not sure what svn client you're using at the moment,

KDESVN 1.5.5 (in French langage)
http://kdesvn.alwins-world.de/

> but you
> can do this at the command line like this:
>
> cd {whatever directory you checked out the repository to}

This I can not do and do not see from where I can do this.
When you say
cd {whatever directory you checked out the repository to}, you mean at
the test.csswg.org repository?

> svn copy approved/css2.1/src/{path}/{testfile}
> contributors/gtalbot/submitted

I have tried to open, to load the remote repository and then recuperate
it (or export a copy of it) so that I can start all over. But it's not
possible.

"
OPTIONS of 'http://test.csswg.org': 200 OK (http://test.csswg.org)
"
is one error message I get.. and then the application crashes! You have
no idea how much fun I have now ...

> replacing the {} with the appropriate directory and test file names.
>
> If your change is a simple, obvious fix to a test that's in approved,
> you can go ahead and make the change there (only you and a few other
> people should be touching files there), but if it's a significant change
> to the test, it really should go into your submitted directory.
>
> Peter

When some filenames changed, then you have no idea how much trouble this
can create at my end, especially if I am not aware of such changes
(which I did not do) and furthermore if I'm not even suspecting possible
changes. Then I get error messages that I do not understand and have no
clue what could be triggering such error messages.

What's "cat head"?
What's "Update to Head"?
What's "Update to revision"?
Maybe those commands are not important anyway...

Peter,

I have a few hours now ... so I'll do my best to restore all this
exactly and in good working order.

Gérard