Re: [CSS21] WG process - next steps for CSS21?

Le Jeu 3 mars 2011 4:53, Peter Moulder a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 12:02:05AM -0800, Peter Linss wrote:
>> On Mar 2, 2011, at 10:56 PM, Peter Moulder wrote:
>> > The messages from the public sent during the working draft comments
period don't yet appear on http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1 as far
as
>> > I can see.
>> > Note that a handful had a subject line with "[CSS 2.1]" rather than
>> the
>> > requested "[CSS21]"

Hello Peter Moulder and Peter Linss,

I have been using [CSS 2.1] a few times myself.

; though I didn't notice any other variations
>> > on that sent during the working draft comment period.
>> > In particular, we can reasonably assume that messages whose subject
contains `wd'

I have been using WD

or `working draft' (ignoring case) contain what the
>> sender
>> > considers to be an issue.
>> > Is that a concrete enough pointer, or are individual message URLs
>> needed?
>> Sorry, no, that's not concrete enough.
>> We already know to scan the list,
> Yes, I'm sure; I'm just pointing out that the problem isn't that the
list
> of issues isn't quite complete, it's that the transcription from
last-call messages to issues list hasn't started yet.  (At least as far
as I can see; are they just on a different page linked from there?) The
page says "Last mailing list sweep 2010-08-05 – fantasai", which
is
> few months prior to the working draft last call period.
> The wording "if there are issues that aren't on that list" suggested
that
> the issues list was believed already mostly complete.  I thought it
important to point out otherwise to inform time allocation, given that
one person's said that they hope that the issues list can mostly be
dealt
> with before the F2F whereas fantasai says she may not have time to even
enter things into the issues list until the weekend (though hopes to
start today).
>> Yes, messages to www-style (with reasonable tags to identify them) are
sufficient to raise an issue.
>> If there are issues missing from our list,

There are issues missing on the list.

1-
Sometimes, it is only better wording, introduction, assisting the careful
reader. One important one IMO is:
[CSS 2.1] WD 07 Dec. 2010: section 9.5.2 Introductory subsections and
sentences to orient reader
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0194.html

2-
Another issue which I wonder (am not sure) if it should be explicitly said
in the spec relates to how border-spacing is implemented between 2
table-row-groups.

"The lengths specify the distance that separates adjoining cell borders."
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#separated-borders

I think such definition is sufficiently clear: border-spacing should apply
once, only once, between contiguous cells of same row-group or of
different row-groups.

Please examine

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/html4/table-visual-layout-021.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/html4/border-spacing-applies-to-008.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/html4/separated-border-model-006.htm

and

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/dynamic-border-spacing.html

with different browsers (IE8+, Firefox 3.6+, Opera 11.x versus Chrome 9+,
Safari 5.x, Konqueror 4.6+)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2011Feb/0047.html

3-
[CSS21] WD 07 Dec. 2010: errors in section 17.6.1 Separated borders model
and width of table
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Feb/0652.html

4-
[CSS 2.1] WD 07 Dec. 2010: section 17.6.2 "rule" -> "rules" (tiny
editorial change)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0193.html

[CSS 2.1] WD 07 Dec. 2010: section 8.3.1 "subsequent" -> "following"
(small editorial change)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0192.html

5-
Regarding issue-172
http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css2.1#issue-172
Status
    Closed. =fantasai= Write testcase.

I have also

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/anonymous-table-box-width-001.html

ready to be submitted.

regards, Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC5 (January 11th 2011)

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite