Re: Some table-anonymous-objects tests rely on setting disabled property of style element

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:36:44 -0800
To: css21testsuite@gtalbot.org
2011/1/8 "GĂ©rard Talbot" <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>:
> The style element can not have an id attribute.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/styles.html#edef-STYLE
>
> So, right here, there is a markup validation error.

That's a completely unimportant "error".  HTML5 has @id as a global
attribute on all elements, which everyone already does.  It doesn't
really matter what the HTML4 DTD said in this matter.

>> I find no mention of the disabled property in either HTML4 or CSS 2.1
>> (the only reference I can find is
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/mod-styleSheet.html#sec_25.1.>).
>>
>> Simon
>
> disabled attribute for stylesheet object:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Style-20001113/stylesheets.html#StyleSheets-StyleSheet-disabled

Or, perhaps more relevantly, it's defined in HTML5:
<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/semantics.html#the-style-element>

~TJ