[RC4] floats-108 and floats-109: "floats wrap in one or two columns"

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:07:01 -0800
Hello,

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101210/html4/floats-108.htm

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/visuren/floats-108.xht

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101210/html4/floats-109.htm

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/visuren/floats-109.xht

Both testcases state
"Try resizing the window so that floats wrap in one or two columns."

but no matter what the tester does, the floats will not, can not wrap in
2 columns. I think the steps of test should be rewritten. I guess the
testcase meant to say "so that the text in floats wrap in one or two
lines."

The way "floats" are identified in the test would make anyone
confused... unless examining the source code.

is a float this is a float this is a float this is a float </div>

may lead a tester to believe that there is 7 contiguous (side-by-side)
floats ... when there is only 1.

"All floats should be the same size."

may be replaced with (or something like):

"All solid black bordered rectangles should have the same width at all
times (when resizing and after resizing)."

Finally, both testcases are missing the interact flag.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC4; December 10th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/