Re: [CSS3]writing-mode-vertical-rl.xht

From: taka oshiyama <oshiyama@est.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:46:24 +0900
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Cc: BizPal:河合 宜文 <kawai@est.bizpal.jp>
Talbot-san

I just wanted to show up one 6x6 figure without collapse nor space
elimination, then I picked up 'white-space: pre'. If I give up using
'white-space: pre' and represent the same expected 6x6 figure, I put
';&nbsp;' between characters as my secondary choice. It guarantees no
space saving/eliminations and no collapse/no break, and figure out the
expected 6x6 shape.
As a minor issue, the new source code becomes a little bit complex and
difficult to read.

Anyway, I submitted the revised testcase with a suffix number 002 here.
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-writing-modes/writing-mode-vertical-rl-002.xht

Please review it again and give me comments if any.

I still do not understand why you use 'white-space: pre' on the <div>
and why the testcase would need or would require 'white-space: pre'. I
believe normal line-wrapping and white-space collapsing should still
occur, should still happen even when writing-mode is vertical and block
flow is right to left

from taka
regards,

--