Border-spacing implementation in an HTML table with at least 2 table-row-groups elements

From: Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:23:11 -0800
Right now, I think there is a gaping hole in the test suite with regards
to how border-spacing is applied on a HTML4 table element with at least
2 table-row-groups:

- a table with a <tbody> and a <thead>
- a table with a <tbody> and a <tfoot>
- a table with 2 <tbody>

I believe IE8, Firefox 3.6.13 and Opera 11.01 implement border-spacing
correctly. But not Chrome 9.0.597.94 and not Konqueror 4.6.

Testcase:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/dynamic-border-spacing.html

The vertical distance between the cells in nth row and the cells in
n+1th row  (or the cells in n-1th row) should be the same regardless of
the selected value in the <select>.

Border-spacing should be unique around cells, should apply only once.
Border-spacing should apply to table elements, and not to
table-row-groups. The vertical border-spacing between 2 cells of 2
table-row-groups should merge together.

Gérard Talbot

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC5; January 11th 2011):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/